Monday, July 24, 2000

Straight thoughts 38

July 24, 2000

A slippery slope is a condition created by a culture that accepts no absolute values: everything is a matter of opinion. For example, consider the following.

Choose the statement that best reflects your opinion:

1. I think homosexuality is a deviant behaviour. People who engage in homosexual acts should be helped to overcome those tendencies.

2. I think homosexual behaviour should be legal, but I don't really think they should do homosexual acts in public.

3. I think homosexuals should be able to do what they want where they want, but I think homosexual unions should be illegal. They should not get benefits paid by taxpayers.

4. I think homosexual unions should be legal but I don't really think they should marry.

5. I think same-sex marriages should be legal, but I don't really think they should adopt children.

6. I think same-sex marriages should be able to adopt children, but I don't really think they should indoctrinate them about their lifestyle.

7. I think homosexual couples should be able to teach their children what their values are, but I don't really think they should have sex with them.

8. I think man-boy sex should be legal if condoms are used, but I don't really think they should have sex without condoms.

9. I think man-boy sex should be legal if the child is consenting, but I don't really think they should rape or abuse them against their will.

10. I think what goes on in the bedrooms of the nation is none of the government business.

Some people choose to go along with even the most preposterous of these statements.
Most of the times these positions are suggested by the media and by the 'progressive' mentality that excludes the concept of right and wrong, but discovered a new virtue: 'the virtue of the middle ground'.